- Goals should be specific
- Ultimate goals should be broken down into incremental, short term goals (one-two months).
- Goals should be time-based.
- A formal method of tracking progress is required.
- A formal plan of action is needed to facilitate goals.
- Goal should be prioritized.
This of course comes from my LWMC text. And as always, I apply my new found knowledge (not that this was anything new I learned) to my life right now. So here are my detailed out goals for the rest of the year.
1. 117 by September 15. That's my birthday. And though I would love to actually be lower than that, I'm not pushing it. I was down as low as 117.2 earlier this year and I just want to get back there.
2. 110 by October 31. Wow! That's going to be harder than it seems. 7 weeks in between those two goals.
3. Body fat at 20% of less by December 25. I picked Christmas because I want that for my Christmas present.
Now how will I get there? Clean eating 90% of the time, and that's every day. No off day! Starting INSANITY on August 1 and doing that for 60 days. That should help me drop some crucial pounds and get the body tight. I will be starting P90X right after that and that should get the body fat dropped.
I can do this!