1. Walk to your destination if it takes fewer than 30 minutes to get there.
2. Do bicep curls with any heavy bags you haul to and from work. They’re as unwieldy as kettlebells, so balancing them forces more muscles to fire.
3. Dance with your kids. Even if it’s to nursery rhyme songs!
4. Clench your butt muscles while climbing the stairs
5. See if you can hold a plank pose for three consecutive minutes every day.
6. Eke out crunches during commercial breaks.
7. Bike to meet pals on the weekend.
8. Wear a watch that monitors calorie burn. Or a pedometers that monitors your steps
9. Perform leg lifts and bridges while you talk on the phone.
10. Set your clock 30 minutes ahead so you have time to run before work.
Taken from Self magazine September 2011