Thursday, December 8, 2011

I'm that Chick!

How you know? Cuz I told you so!

Monday and Wednesday I take a kickboxing class at my Y. It’s one of the toughest classes I have ever taken, and I like them hardcore. In this class, we actually spar with the Instructor, striking his mitts. This intensifies the workouts. We have 3-minute rounds followed by a 30 second rest, then back at it.

Monday he put real boxing gloves on me. Made it fun…I wouldn’t say easier. It did protect my hands a bit because I had busted a knuckle from boxing a few weeks ago. I felt like I could hit harder. I def need to get my own gloves!

But, when I am the only one who shows up to class….I get to spar with him all by myself for 3 minutes, versus him splitting the time with others. I went for it and took no breaks in between. He was impressed, saying most would give up, quit, want long breaks, etc.

Told ya! I’m that chick.

Sure, I am in pain right now, but the results of my hard work will be the reward. The soreness in my arms right now, I am seeing defined biceps and triceps, something I have never had. We also did plyo pushups…on a step! It was crazy!!

We also have a killer abs section. Ugh! Yes, I complain, but I love it at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment