Friday, May 29, 2009

Blast from the past

So...I'm reviewing my old blogs on my Spark Page to help motivate MYSELF. Yes, I need it, bad right now. I came across one date December 7, 2006 called "Fitness Trainer in me" Here it is:

"I'm so critical of myself and my body. I'm so obsessed with it. And that's not the bad part. I am critical of others as well. I just want to whip everyone in shape I see. In my sorority I am the physical and mental health chairperson and I am on them. But I think I was appointed because I don't take slackers. We as a whole--all of America--needs to take better care of ourselves. Losing weight is just one element. When I see someone overweight I just want to hold their hand and take them to a gym, or give them advice on how easy it is to cut calories. With friends, co-workers, whoever, I am always criticizing how they eat and the lack of exercise. Hey, I'm not perfect, but it's the personal trainer in me trying to get out. My fitness idols are my soror A.J. Johnson. She's awesome! I've seen her in person twice but have not met her yet. She's where I would like to be. She's about my height, but so tiny (with a six-pack, my ultimate goal). She's probably a size 2 or less. I don't want to be that small, but toned and motivated like her. I keep saying I'm going to take classes and do what I have to do to get my license, but keep getting distracted. One, I want to be the fittest possible before I dish being fit to others. I just have my bad days, which is fine, I just shouldn't turn them into bad weeks. I think once I'm a trainer, that will validate me being critical of others--and maybe they will take me serious."

I said that? Hmmm, I was something else. That was 2.5 years ago! I was thinking of becoming a trainer, now I AM A TRAINER!! Here's a pic of AJ Johnson in case you are wondering who she is...
She is an actress/dancer and now celebrity fitness trainer. She was in several movies, but most famous for House Party and Baby Boy. She's probably the #1 reason I decided to become a trainer, even before Jillian Michaels was on the scene. She is the truth!! It helps that she is a member of my sorority, Delta Sigma Theta. When I finally do meet her in person, I have to tell her how she has changed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment