Friday, October 7, 2011

Just Lose It Challenge: 4 Big Tips

Someone asked me how am I staying in the Top 10 of the Just Lose It Challenge. It’s not easy, it’s not easy at all. Here are my four pointers.


1. Having a one track mind! Staying in the top 10! If I nibble on a cookie, an extra serving or go out to the Chinese buffet that I love, I know I may not be in the Top 10.

2 CLEAN FOODS! I know you have heard this before, but processed food is really garbage. I have all but eliminated it. Even when I eat a cheat meal, it’s clean foods! Nothing from a box bag, or can. My cabinets are pretty much bare these days.

3. Water, water, water! Lots of it. Half my body weight and more most days. I average 12-14 cups a day, but on days I’ve overdone the salt, 16.

4. I don’t exercise for the faint of heart. Meaning, 30 minutes a day is NOT enough. TWO hours at the gym most days, or I split it with an hour at the gym an hour at home. And not simple walking either! I’m in the front of my Zumba class with as much energy as the Instructor. I lift weights 2-3 times a week. I RUN on the treadmill. At home I do high intensity workouts like P90X Kenpo X or Turbo Kick. If 2 hours is too much, whatever you do, don’t halfway do it! You can rest when your workout is done.

But whatever you do, KEEP DOING IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment