Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Just Lose It Challenge: It will always be hard

I want to win. If you have been reading my blogs and how I have been doing during this challenge, you know I am committed to be #1. This is the start of week 6. I weighed in today. Slow but steady, I have lost another pound!

Every loss is a good loss! So I celebrate.

And the celebration will continue because last week’s rankings are posted.

I AM NUMBER TWO!!

Yes, I said it! I went from the number 3 position to number 2! How about that?

This ain’t easy! Let me just be clear about that. YES, I am a certified personal trainer. YES, I am a certified lifestyle & weight management coach. YES, I am certified to teach Hip Hop Hustle and Turbo Kick! YES, I have lost 46 pounds in the past…and gained half of that back! YES, I read and study everything I can about diet, healthy lifestyle, and fitness.

NO, I don’t have all the answers. It would be awesome if I was a perfect person with no worries about losing and gaining weight. I struggle just like the normal Joe. My difference is, I know when to focus. I know when to turn up the heat when needed. I wish I could say, “I’ll never gain weight back.” Ha! I think I said that over two years ago when I reached my goal. How embarrassing that that was a lie?

It will always be hard for me. It will always be a struggle. I know for a fact I can’t stay as focused as I am right now 365 year after year. Maybe it will slowly creep up again, or I gain 10 pounds in a week….I know that I have to constantly battle with my weight.

I’m okay with that. I think I learned a valuable lesson by gaining the weight back. I didn’t know everything! I sure thought I did. Now that I know this, I think I have a better chance of keep my weight maintained.

No comments:

Post a Comment