Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ask the Trainer: How can I eat clean?

Clean foods are natural, free of added sugars, hydrogenated fats, trans-fats and anything else that is unnatural and unnecessary. Or I say, nothing from a bag, box or can.

Those frozen entrees are no good, not even if it says “Lean Cuisine” or “Smart Ones.” Nope, not such a smart idea!

Canned soup is out, I don’t care if it says “low-sodium, low fat, low-calorie.”

So then, you’re wondering, what can I eat? I don’t have time to prepare a breakfast/snack/lunch every day. Hint: BATCH COOK!

Find a couple of recipes that you like, make them your staples, and batch cook them over the weekend and portion them out for the rest of the week.

Here's some things that I do:

-Batch cook several chicken breast seasoned with Mrs. Dash.

-Batch cook a breakfast casserole that uses no salt, try Rachel MacMuffins (just google it)

-Boil a bunch of eggs

-Batch cook beans (my kids and I really like them)

-Jamie Eason Turkey meatloaf muffin. Google this recipe, trust me, they are good!

-Egg white bites (egg whites, veggies, and crumbled sausage if you like combined and made in a muffin pan).


In a pinch, here are some options:

-Kind bars. I LOVE these things. I found them at Trader Joes and they are awesome. All natural, low/no sodium

-Mariani granola and trail mix bars. I found these at Walmart. ZERO sodium, healthy all-natural bars

-Larabars, just fruit and nuts, nothing added to them.

-no salt added rice cakes are good with Laughing Cow cheese

-green beans and spinach are the best veggies to have on hand because they are good raw are steamed.

-Keep frozen fruit on hand for morning smoothies

2 comments:

  1. Great tips! This was my New years resolution to start clean eating and i have been loving the difference in the way I feel! :)

    Krystle
    skinny-jeans-dreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can definitely see your skills within the work you write. The sector hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who aren't afraid to mention how they believe. All the time follow your heart.
    Parker Women's Zig Zag Bead Wrap Dress

    ReplyDelete