Monday, October 11, 2010

ASK THE TRAINER

I’m going to dedicate one blog a week to answering questions I get from friends, co-workers or on my various blogs. Hmmm, where should I start…

Q. Can I drink too much water?
A. I’m going to say no, although it is possible, it takes drinking a very LARGE amount at nearly one time. Like downing a gallon in five minutes or something, not like downing a gallon over the course of a day. A base minimum should be eight 8-ounce servings of water, and you will get more by eating lots of veggies and fruits. The more active you are, the more water you need. Lots of fitness professionals drink a gallon or more of water a day. DO whatever works for you.

Q. Should I work out everyday?
A. I would love to tell you, no, that’s not necessary, but it all depends on what you want. If you are just maintaining your current level of fitness, 3-5 days may be all you need. If you are going for weight loss or to increase your fitness level, 7 days a week, with one of those days being a simple active rest day. And this is at least 30 minute workout sessions.

Q. Should I eat 30 minutes before waking up?
A. It is advised that you eat first thing in the morning and not wait two hours later. Personally, I eat maybe an hour after I wake due to having too much to do and not wanting to eat in the car on my drive to work. So I say, eat within the first hour of waking.

Q. Should I workout in the morning, afternoon or evening?
A. I get this question enough! It was something I struggled with when I first started my weight loss journey. Everything I read stated to work out in the morning. But I missed a lot of workouts from oversleeping, or half-heartedly did a work out half asleep. No burn at all! When I work out in the evenings, I am energized and work out to my max. So my ANSWER is to work out when it is convenient for you AND when you can give it 100%.

And this one is not a question, but didn't know how to reword it. In the past I got on a co-workers case about eating fast food EVERY DAY!! It got to the point she was sneaking it past me. I really didn't care much, her body, she's grown, she's not paying me to be her trainer so my advice is unsolicited. I do not like being the food police...honest, I don't. Well anyway, she stopped me last week to say she stopped eating fast food and immediately noticed a difference. Hmmm, you don't say?


If you have anymore questions for the trainer just send them my way!

KStyle Fitness

No comments:

Post a Comment