Thursday, March 17, 2011

100-Day Exercise Challenge Day 58: Hip Hop Hustle 1 on a new level

I had the fan Hustle 1 workout and had done it multiple times, but now I do it to learn the moves exactly and memorization.  Next I learn how to cue to teach others this awesome workouts.  I guess this was the Hip Hop Hustle workout that started it all!

I pretty much have it down, but I keep watching the rehearsal and each time I learn a tidbit more.  Chalene's my teacher and she keeps me on my toes.  maybe I add an extra twist, or dip a bit lower or perfect a difficult move....it's always something.  Love it!!

If you think this is just another dance workout, TRY IT!  You sweat like you are running on the treadmill at a 10!!  I mean, if you are doing it the way you are supposed to do.  Most know that I am a Hip Hop Abs with Shaun T junkie...I have not done that in weeks!!  HHH has become my new addiction.

I think Hip Hop Abs DOES work the abs more than Hip Hop Hustle....BUT, this is more dancy while getting a great workout as well.  And you don't have to worry about doing it perfect, you still get a great workout.

It may seem difficult to the nondancer (but then in that case, so does Hip Hop Abs), but the first few times, just learn the moves. Every time you do it you get better and put more energy on it!  My fave moves:

The Dorothy-because it's just so cool looking.

Step Knee-for the energy you can put into this!  High or low, it's awesome

The grapevine-no, not just the basic grapevine from the 70s, this is the jazzed up grapevine.  There are 2 versions of it throughout all the HHH workouts.  There's the main one, with a dip in the middle that we were tested on in Instructor training.  Then there is the "crazy legs" one that I love, love, LOVE in Hustle 5.

The Hammer-not a signature move, but I love it.  There are various moves that are called "the hammer" but they all include pumping of the fist.

Anything where there's booty shaking!!  C'mon, who doesn't like to get buck!!

I did 65 minutes sore ankle and all.  Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment