Tuesday, May 3, 2011

100-Day Exercise Challenge Day 80-81: Just get up and do something!

You have those days...you know what days I'm talking about.  Days when you just don't wanta!

I have those days.  Those days I just don't wanta!  Exercise, that is.

But guess what, you Betta! How hard is it to get in 30 minutes day? I mean, really, NO EXCUSES!!  Even if you can't take it all out, do something!!  Here are a few suggestions:

  • Wake up thirty minutes early and hop on a treadmill, bike, pop in a tape and have it done for the day.
  • Take 30 minutes of your lunch break and go for a walk.
  • How about taking three 10-minutes breaks where you do some serious cardio (jogging, cycling, stairs, whatever, just keep it high intense for 6-7 of those minutes)
  • Right after work, go to the gym and get in your normal workout.
  • No gym membership? Go walking in the park, mall or around your block
  • Invest in workout DVDs and get in 30 minutes whenever it is available to you. Late at night or early morning.
  • Dance like crazy to 5-6 songs totally about 30 minutes (my fave).  No choreography necessary.  Or play some music videos and do tthe dances you love.
  • Play the Wii for 30 minutes, but make sure it is constant motion, so if the game is at a pause or resetting, walk in place, move side to side or something, just DON'T STOP!
  • Chase your kids around with a ball in the backyard (or like me, we do bootcamp drills in my driveway)
Just a few!  And I put some of that to use today!  It was supposed to be Bikini Bootcamp day today, but I just didn't wanta!  It's hardcore and my mind was not right.  But I had to do something!!  Trusty MJ Experience on Wii for like 40 minutes, even beating some of my high scores.  Trust me, I sweated!

Yesterday I did the hardest 43 minutes in awhile, Turbo Kick Cardio Party.  No, the workout is not tough itself, I just "didn't wanta" and had to fight to stick with it.  Somewhere in the middle I found my second wind.  Wierd how that happens.

So lesson for today, "Just get up and do something!"

Workout yesterday: 43 minutes
Workout today: 40 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment