Monday, April 18, 2011

100-Day Exercise Challenge Day 73: Burn some calories, have some fun

I did a round of Turbo Kick tonight.  Woohoo!  It got me sweaty!

It's tough, but FUN! And if a workout is not fun, why do it??  So say, if Turbo Kick, or Turbo Jam, or P90X, or Hip Hop whatever too much for YOU, do something that is fun for YOU!!

As much as I like to blast calories fast and hard, I also enjoy walking.  And I mean looooooong leisurely walks, not jogging or running.  I like walking for hours if I could, just thinking. Slow burn but still a burn.  Okay, okay, so maybe you don't want top walk for THAT long.  Still, walk for as long as you can and try to increase it every time.

Other low impact workouts I enjoy is riding my stationary bike.  Or if you can't walk outdoors or on a treadmill, try Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds.  Love those workouts!  I think I may do one and review it this week.

There's also many, many low-impact workout DVDs out there. You don't have to get the most popular, hottest, trendiest workout out there.  Everyone has has heard of Insanity, Zumba, Hip Hop Abs, P90X, Turbo Fire, Chalean Extreme, Tae Bo, The Firm, Yoga Booty Ballet, 30 Day Shred, The Biggest Loser workouts and many, many others (and I have all these and more), but really, go to the dollar store and find some workouts.  It still gets the job done. Trust me, I have plenty of those as well.

Don't spend a lot of money! Sure, the pressure is one, these programs WORK!  But any workout works if you stick to eat AND eat correctly.

Workout time: 45 minutes Turbo Kick, 23 minutes MJ the Experience

No comments:

Post a Comment