Monday, April 4, 2011

100-Day Exercise Challenge Day 67: Wii Fun tonight

I think I did way too much tonight but had so much fun!

First, Michael Jackson the Experience.  What a workout!  I love, love, love it! I am a BIG MJ fan and loved his dancing in videos. Now I can do it just like him!

There was a warm up, but it was static stretches which you should NOT do in a warm-up! Dynamic stretches AFTER you warm-up by doing light activity.  I had done some light walking in place before the stretches and I did not hold my stretches because the body is not warm and that's just no good!

After that, I had to figure out where to go first, then I selected my first song, Billie Jean which I believe was medium difficulty (wasn't paying attention).  It was fun and reminded me of the video.  At the end they rate you on a scale of 5 stars and I only earned one.

Then I did Thriller and it was so fun! I believe it was under the "hard" category, but if you know the whole dance routine to the video, it may not be as hard.  Welll, uh...I'm not that great at it, but I did receive my highest score and 3 stars!

Then I did Wanta Be Starting Something (medium) and had 2 stars.  Did it two times and 2 stars each time.  Bad (medium) I received 3 stars.  Dirty Diana, and you could pick to shadow Michael or the female dancer. I selected the female and that was cool.  It was like MJ and I were doing a duet.  I have to try that with a partner!  I only received one.

Then I did m FAVE MJ video Remember the Time. It was HARD! Fun, but geez, I thought I knew that whole routine, but of course it's slightly different.  My arms were getting a beating.  I only got one star.

All in all about 45 minutes.  I would have done more, so man more songs to pick, but I wanted to review the other games.

Next was Just Dance 2.  Never had any of the dance games, these are all my first.  I liked it, but it will take lots of practice to get most of those moves.  And I wish I knew more than like 1 of the songs.  I did about 7 songs for about 25 minutes.

Last I did Zumba Fitness.  Wow!  I LOVE it! It was hard.  I wouldn't recommend it for a beginner unless a) you pick up dance moves quickly, b) you just love to dance no matter what or c) you're just doing it for fun!  This is quiet the workout and just like the classes I took.  This is a MUST if you are a zumba fan and can't make it to a class.  Try it!

I only did 20 minutes....and barely.  My whole body was on fire at this point and  could barely raise my arms.  I was about to quit just as I noticed I was on the last song so I decided to stick with it.

There was a GREAT cool down that was perfect after my long workout.

All these work great as a workout.  I recommend them highly!  If you like to dance like me, get ready to sweat it out!  Also, in between songs and set-up, KEEP MOVING! Walking in place, walk side to side, grapevine, walk in  circle, whatever, just MOVE!  You have to keep the workout cardio by staying in motion.

Total workout time: 90 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment