Tuesday, February 15, 2011

100-Day Exercise Challenge Day 46: Just like riding a bike

A stationary bike that is!

I needed a quick workout while I gave in to my guilty pleasure TV show Hellcats ("Hell, to the yeah!").  I usually try and ride the full hour, but I did 30 minutes to fulfill my commitment and did other things while watching.  I had a busy night and I still wanted (want) to get to bed at a decent hour. 

The bike was fine and I did some intervals to really burn.  I still WANTED to do more of a workout, but I understand I cannot push myself like I did last week and risk that horrible ankle/foot pain again, or burnout and not workout for 2 days straight.

The ankle is 100% better, and I have not felt any pain this week.  I think those 2 days of doing nothing helped, and even though I felt lazy, I feel better now than I would have if I pushed myself to workout.

Listen to your body!!  Long as you are eating good clean foods which I really wasn't) missing a day or two of workout won't hurt too bad. (Now I just have to get the eating better part down!)

No comments:

Post a Comment