Tuesday, January 11, 2011

100-Day Exercise Challenge Day 11: Wii Fit is fun!

And a great workout!

Don't believe me?  Just ask my arms, my legs, my core...all of that!  If you are not putting up a sweat, you're not working it right!  Running in place for 10 minutes, Kung Fu, boxing, hula hoop for 10 minutes (now that's a beast!) and various other games.  Yes, games, but this is a workout for real.

And it can be real easy for the beginner or make it advanced for the die-hard fitness gurus.  I was one of those when I first got the Wii Fit that felt it did not give me a great workout.  Weeeellllll....fast forward nearly two years later and I think I was smokin sumthin sumthin.  WiiFit is totally a workout!  aybeM I had not unlocked all the goodies.  Maybe I was looking at it as a game, not as a workout.  Maybe it was me.

Okay, it was.

I workout like a beast, hardcore, P90X, Insanity, Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs, Tae Bo, The Firm, WATP, you name it I have done it.  And I am always willing to try something new.  I think Wii Fit is the perfect way to workout when you REALLY want to have fun with exercise.

AND, if you are competitive like me (yeah, just a little) then you want to keep trying to beat your best record, well, that's how I keep going.  I racked in 65 minutes and burned 258 calories (well, according to Wii, I don't trust their numbers).  And I kept going because I wanted to hit my target calories for the day, and I did!  I also wanted to beat my Kung Fu score (didn't) the obstacle course score (I did) and try a few new games.  I wanted to unlock some stuff and didn't.  Well, i;ll go at it again soon.

If you have been stalling about getting Wii Fit, STOP!  WiiFit and WiiFit Plus are great additions to your workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment