Sunday, January 23, 2011

100-day Exercise Challenge Day 23: It's all about muscle memory!

Muscle memory, also known as motor learning, is a form of procedural memory that involves consolidating a specific motor task into memory through repetition. When a movement is repeated over time, a long-term muscle memory is created for that task, eventually allowing it to be performed without conscious effort. This process decreases the need for attention and creates maximum efficiency within the motor and memory systems. Examples of muscle memory are found in many everyday activities that become automatic and improve with practice, such as riding a bicycle, typing on a keyboard, playing a melody or phrase on a musical instrument, playing video games, or even solving a choreography of a dance routine.

That's what I am doing with learning all these Hustle dances.  Well, at least Hustle 9.  For some reason, that one is sticking to me.  I want to do it over and over and over again.  I want to do it so well, from memory that I can do it without music.  Enough that I can teach others!  Weellll...I have a long way, but I keep going.

And I want to look like Chalene doing it!  Okay, maybe not.  I have my own FLAVA!  I have done it 3 days in a row now.  Yes, I am never tired of it, and I think I am getting better.

First I did Hustle 1 with my daughter (who sucks at it) for about 45 minutes.  I did the Hustle 1 and The Show in that workout.  I like this one a lot too.  Way easier than Hustle 9 but still fun.

Then later I did Hustle 9, but just the Show part for about 30 minutes.  Loving it! 

AND THEN...as if that was not enough, I had to shovel snow AGAIN!  Hey, I count that as a workout.  I did 30 minutes (wasn't as much this time).

That's 105 minutes!  I said I would be doing 60+ minutes and I meant it!

No comments:

Post a Comment